The Pedagogical communication. Stages and styles of pedagogical communication
Pedagogical communication is the interaction of teacher with students in the educational process, aimed at creating a favorable psychological climate, conducive to personal development . ( Functions of pedagogical communication: cognition, information exchange, organization of activities, the exchange of roles, empathy, self-assertion).
Styles of pedagogical communication and leadership
An important characteristic of professional-pedagogical communication style is. Style is individual-typological peculiarities of interaction of teacher and students. It takes into account the peculiarities of the communicative possibilities of the teacher, the level of communication between teachers and students, the creative personality of the teacher, especially student team. The style of communication of the teacher with children is a category of social and moral.
In pedagogical literature are the following styles:
Communication based on the passion of a joint activity. This type of communication is based on high professional and ethical attitudes of the teacher, it is a shared creative activity of pupils together with the teachers and leadership.
Communication based on friendship. Productive style of pedagogical communication. Along with the passion for a joint business may have a business purpose. But you cannot turn it into an crony relationship with the students.
Communication – dialogue involves the cooperation of the teacher and pupils based on mutual respect.
Communication – distancing. Common communication style that leads to the formalization of the system of social-psychological interaction between teacher and students and is not conducive to an atmosphere of creativity. Distance must exist, but it is dictated by the logic of the educational process in the relationship student-teacher.
Communication – intimidation. The negative form of communication. To her resorted teachers who can’t arrange productive joint activity with the students. Such communication destroys creativity.
Communication – advances in working with children plays a negative role. Communication style meets the desire to conquer the false authority cheap in children, contrary to the requirements of pedagogical ethics.
The right style of communication creates an atmosphere of emotional well-being, which largely determines the effectiveness of educational activities. Truly found a style of communication that matches the individuality of the teacher, contributes to the solution of many problems.
Styles of pedagogical management:
Authoritarian style. Teacher solely determines the group’s activities, cuts out all the initiative. The main forms of interaction: order, directives, instructions, reprimand, punishment. Dominated by bossy tone.
The democratic style. Manifested in the support of a teacher on the team. The teacher connects each to participate in the discussion progress. Develops self-government. The main ways of communication: request, advice, information.
Liberal style (anarchic, a complacent). The teacher tries not to interfere in the life of the team, hasn’t been active, easy subject, shirking its responsibility, neavtoritetnyh.
In communicating with students, parents, colleagues, administration teacher takes a certain communicative position.
A-position – “on”. The teacher is an active subject of communication, he takes the initiative, manages, supervises, plans, implements its objectives.
B-the position is “on par”. There is a dialogue between two equal partners, both take the initiative, try to take into account the interests of each other.
In position “on”. The teacher occupies a subordinate position in relation to the communication partner.
For the successful implementation of pedagogical activity of the teacher should be able to take effective communicative position.
The stages of pedagogical communication
1. Prognostic stage of communication (teacher modeling of the forthcoming communication with the class in preparation for direct action) includes work on the content of the lesson or educational Affairs, planning. On stage communicative forecasting of future activity.
2. The initial period of communication (organization of direct communication with the class at the time of initial interaction with him (2 to 5 minutes)). It is conventionally called “communicative attack”, during which the teacher gains the initiative in communicating. At this stage you need: appliances quick start operation, knowledge of techniques of self-presentation and dynamic effect.
3. Management of communication. At this stage, the teacher decides communicative tasks, supports the initiative of students, organizes Dialogic communication, corrects his ideas-adjusted real terms.
4. Analysis carried out of communication, and modeling systems of communication on upcoming activities. At this stage, the teacher should identify the strengths and weaknesses of communication; to understand to what extent he is satisfied with the process of interaction with children; plan the upcoming system of communication with the necessary adjustments.
The basic principles of communication with the child
1. Unconditional acceptance of the child – baseline positive attitude to the child, accepting with all his peculiarities, deficiencies, penalties, ills. To accept means to show tolerance to it, seek to understand him and help him.
2. Showing respect for the identity and maintaining self-esteem in each.
3. Awareness and recognition of the rights of the individual to be different, tolerance.
4. The provision of the right to freedom of choice.
5. Evaluation is not the child’s personality and his activities.
6. Possession of the ability to feel (empathy), to understand (identification) of each child, to look at the problem through his eyes, from his standpoint.
1. The ability to take into account individual psychological and personal characteristics of the child.
The basic rules of pedagogical communication
Demonstrate pedagogical tact.
• Be able to: external evidence to determine the condition of the child; to maintain facial expressions, posture statement of the interlocutor; to listen with attention and respect; not to interrupt the interlocutor; to possess the skills of (accessibility, imagery, consistency, conciseness); use of voice (intonation, articulation); to control facial expressions, gestures; to reduce monologic speech activity in the dialogue.
• Be able to: manage their condition, feelings (the displacement of the negative thoughts and desires from consciousness); setting a positive perception of the interlocutor; the ability to enable long positive emotions; “the glow” (V. L. Levi) – radiation of warmth, love, kindness.